1.28.2009

Connected

Namaste.

Ok, so I stole the whole, "Listen to Otis Redding, kid", line off the bathroom wall at The Dubliner Pub where I was shooting darts and drinking Chimay on Friday Night. When I got home, I was three sheets to the wind and thought it was a smooth ass one liner, so I put it up here , as my "status" line, later on that night.

Fast forward to 5 am Sunday morning, after lounging at the O bar (Chris Chris Alert) and I'm listening to oldies, talking about music, playing dominoes and partaking in my usual weekend ritual (those who know..know) and digging through her massive cd collection, Jill mentions Otis Redding and I put down the cd cover of the Sam Cooke album we're listening to and jump on it. Listening to Otis Redding while the sun is coming up, playing dominoes, and laughing it up with good friends are the type of experiences I cherish deeply. Also, as a result, I'm on my 5th or 6th love affair with the Otis Redding catalogue which will probably result in me unearthing all of my Stax Records cd's as well....this may take a while. Anyway, the reason for this long winded blog is for the purpose of sharing this song which makes my right leg jerk back and forth everytime I hear it. In fact, I'll probably play or sing this song at my wedding. Don't get me wrong...I have no plans or prospects for marriage and I love, I mean, loooooove being single, free as a bird....but if there is some majestic lady out there who ,sometime in the future, has the ability to "tweak" her pussy control levels to whatever specifications it would take to rope me into the sanctity of marriage..then I'll probably sing this song at our wedding. I'll have to remember to bring a towel cuz there's gonna be lots of sweatin' goin on if that happens. Check it out. Gotta listen to the whole thing or you'll miss the flavor that makes your day a little better. Enjoy.







Thanks Brett, Jill, and Sam. Good times and music as usual.

No comments:

Post a Comment